International Student Applicants
Brown Tsuma International University accepts students from all over the world to study at our university. International students add to the rich diversity of our college.
There are two types of admission for International students:
- Freshman admission is for those students who are finishing secondary school and are ready to begin university-level studies.
- Transfer admission is for those students who have graduated from secondary school and are enrolled in a college or university.
A completed application for admission includes:
• The International Student Application
• SAT-I or ACT results
• A letter of recommendation
• An official copy of the secondary school Transcripts
• An affidavit of support indicating your ability to fund the cost of attendance at Brown Tsuma International University
• An official copy of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) report or IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
If English is not your native language:
- TOEFL Minimums – 88 Internet based with a minimum of 20 in each area.
- IELTS Minimums – 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each area.
Students can be exempted from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement provided they score highly enough on the SAT or ACT standardized test (500 or higher on the SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing section or 21 or higher on the ACT English section) or show evidence that English has been their language of instruction at high school
All other international applicants for whom English is a second language are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.